Who We Are
Rescue. Rehabilitate. Release. Educate.
Our history: Founded in 2015 by Bethany Brown, Saco River Wildlife Center is a 501(c)(3) organization which provides rehabilitative care to ill, injured, or orphaned Maine wildlife with the ultimate goal of returning them to their natural environment. Though located in Limington, SRWC acts as a vital resource to wildlife and communities all across the state of Maine. In 2020 the center doubled their intake of animals from previous years, bringing them close to 600 patients.
Our Core Values:
- Compassion: Provide high-quality, and compassionate care to Maine’s vulnerable wildlife while acting an ethical manner.
- Respect: Treat our patients with respect by reducing interactions in order to keep our patients wild and to reduce unnecessary stimuli and stress
- Education: Foster a safe safe learning environment for our interns and volunteers and encourage them to further their skills and knowledge
- Professionalism: to provide best practice treatment to all patients in our care with the ultimate goal of release.
- Transparency: Remain transparent and act as a resource to communities and other rehabilitation centers and foster collaborative relationships.
- Accessibility: We will use our social media platforms to provide education, resources, and inform about common misconceptions.